R.J. Haney Heritage Village & Museum is a premier tourist destination in Salmon Arm, BC. Set on forty-acres of pioneer farmland with over 30 exhibits for guests to explore. It offers visitors an opportunity to experience history hands-on with activities, tours and programs like Villains and Vittles Dinner Theatre, the annual car show, High Tea and Harvest Celebration. Visitors discover the local history in a whole new way. The site features a 150-seat restaurant offering daily menu service and caters to weddings and events at the Village. The Children’s Museum and Discovery Centre is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for families to engage in playful learning.
If you want an opportunity to build your skills and be a part of a team environment, we are looking for you!
We have an opportunity in the Visitor Services Department as an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to managers and employees through tasks related to organization and communication, ensuring the efficient operation of the office. They perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative and financial activities.
· The Administrative Assistant will provide support to managers and employees through tasks related to organization and communication
· Effectively communicate via phone and email
· Act responsibly with confidential and time-sensitive material
· Ensure duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and on time
· May direct and lead the work of others
· Exhibit sound judgment toward planning and accomplishing goals with a wide degree of creativity and scope expected
· Become fluent with a variety of the museum and village concepts, practices, and procedures
· Clear and concise oral and written communications working with a variety of people of different ages and backgrounds
· Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, taking messages and redirecting correspondence
· Write and distribute emails, correspondence memos, letters, and forms
· Assist with daily cash out and accurately enter data
· Plan meetings and take accurate minutes
· Maintain a diary and provide reminders
· Assist with reports and expense reports, and presentations
· Schedule appointments and maintain a journal and provide reminders
· Maintain contact lists and update database
· Maintain computer and paper filing systems
· Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
· Liaise with staff to handle requests and queries appropriately
· Develop and maintain computer and manual filing systems
· Assist with the Membership Program and the Annual Pass Program
· Contribute to the team by completing tasks as needed
· Report all health, safety, breakages, defects and breaches of security standards to management
We offer a competitive wage and a healthy work environment.
We seek a reliable candidate who likes to work and be a part of a team effort in a fast-paced, fun, and professional environment. Employees can participate in the mentoring program, a valuable skill-building tool for those seeking career path advice and opportunities.
Candidates should be interested in history and be willing to learn about our local history. The candidate must be available to work evenings and weekends and be prepared to provide a Criminal Record Check and references.
This position is full-time, seasonal employment.
Who Should Apply? If you seek employable skills, looking to get into or back into the workforce, if you need a career change or want to work in an environment that will encourage you to learn and grow. R.J. Haney Heritage Village & Museum is a place for you.
We are an equal-opportunity employer—some positions are funded through Canada Summer Jobs and Young Canada Works. Candidates must meet the eligibility of these programs. You must be available to work evenings, weekdays, weekends, and holidays and be prepared to commit to the work dates full duration and treat this as your primary job. The candidate must be prepared to provide a Criminal Record Check and references.
You must be willing to follow laws, regulations, policies and procedures:
• The Workers Compensation Board regulations
• R.J. Haney Heritage Village and Museum Health and Safety Policy
• R.J. Haney Heritage Village and Museum policies, procedures and Code of Conduct
• Adherence to the Job Performance Expectations of the position
• Adherence to R.J. Haney Heritage Village and Museum Hiring Manual
• Performance of all operational duties based upon industry standards and guided by the
Occupation Health and Safety regulations
How to apply: Email your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those being considered will be contacted.
APPLY NOW! • ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT • R.J. Haney Heritage Village & Museum
Post Date: February 27, 2023
751 Highway 97B
RJ Haney Heritage Village and Museum is a 40-acre park owned by the City of Salmon Arm, and operated by the Salmon Arm Museum and Heritage Association.
The forty acre site includes a local Museum and Heritage Village comprising fourteen buildings, one is the Haney House original to the property, seven others are relocated community-valued heritage structures, and the remaining six buildings are replicated structures. The pastoral farmland is situated east of Salmon Arm. The facility is used by residents of Salmon Arm and area and tourist traveling to the area as a heritage tourist destination.
The facility is home to the Salmon Arm Museum, the Ernie Doe Archives Room, the Heritage Village, Sprig of Heather restaurant, and also boasts 2.34 km of beautiful walking trails. During the summer season, the park also hosts the ever-popular Villains and Vittles Dinner Theatre, with show during July and August.