Full-time, Fixed Term Contract
Hours Per Week: 40 hours
Start Date: May 1st, 2023
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, our Mission is to make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. Our Vision is to be widely recognized as the premier nature-based outdoor tourism experience in Western Canada. If you love Squamish and would like to be part of a team that’s foundation is built upon its strength, determination, and resilience, come and join us! Enjoy the beauty and natural wonder of everything that makes the Sea to Sky Gondola what it is, while working with a progressive and fun organization.
Our Food and Beverage Manager oversees the daily Food and Beverage operations which is comprised of Summit Marketplace, the Co Pilot Café, the Edge Bar, the Octagon Bar, the Caesar bar, Special Events and the Cleaners. They report to the Director of Food and Beverage and lead a team of 3 Supervisors, 3 Lead Hands and 50+ staff during peak operations. Primary responsibilities include: Leadership of the team, managing labour and expenses to budget, POS management, scheduling employees, ensuring daily operations are organized and managed effectively, coaching and developing employees and maintaining a strong connection between Front of House and Back of House.
· Do you have a passion for the dynamic nature of a Food and Beverage environment?
· Do you enjoy coaching employees and providing support to new employees?
· Do you possess strong problem solving skills and work well in a busy fast paced environment?
· Do you love people, are passionate about customer service and providing an exceptional guest experience each and every time?
If so, you will love being here! keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage all day-to-day operations for the Food and Beverage outlets at the Sea to Sky Gondola ensuring quality products and excellent service.
· Promote a positive work environment and culture by maintaining strong and supportive relationships with all team members
· Maximizes profitability and is fluent in labour and cost of sales management and reporting
· Work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure products on the menu are available for guests and presented to standard.
· Assist revenue growth through operational procedures (Labour and Cost Controls)
· Support onboarding by performing interviews and issuing offer letters.
· Manage the schedule and time off requests.
· Hold and attend regular meetings with the Front of House leadership team.
· Provide Team Members with coaching, performance feedback, recognition and, as necessary, corrective action.
· Assist with the care and upkeep of Food and Beverage space and equipment, regular repair lists, and special cleaning projects
· Be on-site and actively engaged on the floor during busy days and times.
· Manage our monthly inventory count and analysis.
· Work collaboratively with the Food and Beverage Director to make adjustments and improvements to meet monthly budget targets.
· Ensure all health and safety regulations are being followed by all team members.
· Advance sustainability goals by supporting the development of effective waste reduction and sorting programs to increase employee and guest engagement
· We are a company that works together and you may be required to assist in other areas as needed
· Perform other duties as requested by the Food and Beverage Director.
· 5 – 7 years of work experience in Food and Beverage with a minimum of 3 in a leadership role.
· Proven Food and Beverage Management experience and a passion for the Food and Beverage Industry
· Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
· Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, optimal or foodtrack, POS)
· Mastery in delegating tasks and multi-tasking
· Excellent leadership skills and committed to staff developement
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Passion for people and the outdoors
· Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
· Willing to go above and beyond to create an exceptional guest experience
· Ability to lift 20+lbs, move furniture and stand for extended periods of time.
· Weekend, evening and holiday availability required
· Satisfactory Criminal Record Check Required
· Diploma or degree in business management or tourism related field would be an asset.
If you can see yourself performing the duties listed, and have the qualifications we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please enquire about availablity.APPLY NOW! • FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER • Sea to Sky Gondola Limited Partnership
Post Date: April 5, 2023
36800 Highway 99
Our belief in the future of the Sea to Sky region, access to formerly inaccessible terrain and spectacular scenery creates what we believe is a world-class attraction.
Squamish is home to many outstanding natural attractions that people from all over the world come to visit every year. Howe Sound fjord, the Stawamus Chief, the high coastal alpine mountains and Shannon Falls have all made the Sea-to-Sky Highway one of the most spectacular scenic drives in all of North America and the world. While visually dramatic, some of these features remain inaccessible for many of the visitors to the area. The Sea to Sky Gondola links these elements into one unique recreational experience; a true sea-to-sky experience!