The Digital Course Creator is an integral member of the Tourism Café Canada team, an award-winning tourism training and industry development company. This entry-level role offers a unique opportunity to work with instructional design experts that take a hands-on approach to co-creating engaging e-learning materials using Articulate Storyline 360. You are sharp, driven, inquisitive, not afraid to take risks, open to learning, and able to grow from mistakes.
Joining a small team of seasoned tourism and education professionals, with a large national network, this position is ideal for an individual who enjoys creative thinking and working independently in an unstructured but highly supportive environment. The success of our company resides in the success of our staff, contract partners, and amazing clients who are willing to innovate, co-create and invest in leading-edge training solutions.
A self-starter, motivated individual, with terrific attention to detail and technical capabilities, the Digital Course Creator will be keen to learn and embrace new, evolving online learning technologies to support a range of industry development activities.
We embrace diversity, set ambitious goals, enjoy learning together, and using innovative approaches to create impactful learning online, in person, and using blended approaches.
This is a part-time position, starting at 20 hours per week with the potential to grow with this expanding line of business in our company.
· Experience video, audio and photo editing with programs such as Photoshop/Illustrator and Canva.
· Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
· Skilled in using Articulate Storyline 360 or equivalent course authoring tools
· Creative thinker who can turn ideas into visual presentations that are appealing, engaging, and concise.
· A self-starter, who gets jazzed about e-learning and gaining that optimize a range of software applications and technology platforms.
· Able to work in an agile setting, under minimal supervision, roll up your sleeves, prioritize work demands, execute tasks under-pressure, ask questions and meet deadlines.
· Excellent command of the English language, written and verbal.
· Confident in your skills suggest ideas to instructional designers and subject matter experts to enhance the course content.
· Detail-oriented, able to work in an evolving environment and multi-task while meeting deadlines and schedules.
· Capable of working well under pressure and with a flexible work schedule.
· Proven ability to work as a team, as well as independently.
· Experience working with a learning management system, creating and uploading TINCAN or SCORM courses
· French an asset.
· Proficiency with Google Suite and Zoom.
· Knowledge of adult learning or instructional design.
· Knowledge of the tourism industry an asset.
Please respond with a cover letter stating what motivates you to apply for this job, your strengths, areas for future learning, hourly wage expectations, a CV and any relevant work samples/links.
Applicants will be reviewed as they are received, the successful candidate will begin immediately. Please email your submission to the attention of:
Dr. Nancy Arsenault, Managing Partner
firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • DIGITAL COURSE AUTHOR • Tourism Cafe Canada
Post Date: June 3, 2021 Deadline for Application: June 25, 2021
815 Deal Street
The Tourism Cafe Canada is an award-winning national tourism training and industry development company specialized in experiential travel, product development, coaching, visitor experience assessments, destination development, case study research, instructional design, best practice missions, strategic planning and facilitation. Our methods are experiential, engaging, transformative, designed to leave a legacy. We get results. Our motto is "Do what you do best, partner for the rest®" as we build capacity within the tourism industry for operators, destination marketers, economic development officers, and others with a tourism mandate in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. We are experts in designing and delivering tourism training in-community, online and using blended approaches to online self-paced learning with live sessions.